The Perfect Gluten-Free Biscotti Recipe
It’s no secret that biscotti are the best cookies on the market. They’re crunchy, dunkable, and come in many different flavor combinations. But what you might not know is that not all biscotti are created equally—and when it comes to gluten-free biscotti, The Biscotti Company takes the royal crown.
Our Gluten-Free Biscotti recipe is so delicious you’ll wonder why you haven’t tried them yet. They are that good! No seriously!! They are so delicious that you may want to hide them from your gluten-eating friends and family.
Our gluten-free products are so delicious that we make one flavor only in Gluten-Free. The Fig, Walnut & Chocolate Biscotti is 100% Gluten-Free, and our gluten eating customers may not be aware of it.
How I Came Up With the Perfect Gluten-Free Biscotti Recipe
You might wonder how I came up with the perfect GF biscotti recipe. Here’s the story.
Before creating The Biscotti Company, I spent 17 years coaching and counseling others on maximizing their full potential. My assistant, Ivana, had celiac disease. Ivana’s friends often invited her over for dinner parties, but they never considered her dietary needs. As a result, Ivana would always feel left out, like she couldn’t fully participate in the festivities.
Of course, being a life coach at the time, I had to fix the problem. So the next time she was invited to one of my dinner parties, I ensured she had equal food options to choose from, and one of those options was gluten-free biscotti.
Biscotti are simple enough to make gluten-free. You must substitute wheat flour for gluten-free flour and add almond flour to the mix. And trust me when I say these little beauties are just as delicious as their wheat flour counterparts.
- 1 1/2 cups gluten-free flour
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1 1/2 cups of sugar
- One stick of unsalted butter
- 3 XL eggs
- One tablespoon of baking powder
- One teaspoon of salt
- Two teaspoons of vanilla extract
- One cup of almonds, chocolate, or other sweet treats as desired
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside
- Sift together the dry ingredients (GF flour, almond flour, baking powder and salt) as best you can.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar until well combined.
- Add egg one at a time until well incorporated.
- Add vanilla extract and mix thoroughly.
- Stir in the flour and mix just until it’s well incorporated. Do not over-mix.
- Fold in chocolate, almonds, or other sweet treats.
- Divide the dough into three logs
- Form each part on a prepared baking sheet into an 8-inch (20 cm) long log.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 325°F (160°C).
- Cut each log diagonally into 1/2-inch (1 cm) thick slices using a serrated knife.
- Place biscotti slices on the baking sheet and bake for 5-7 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely on a wire rack.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to two weeks.
So what are you waiting for?
Get baking! This gluten-free biscotti recipe will surely be a hit with your friends and family—even the ones who aren’t gluten-free! And if you’re feeling generous, you can always share the recipe with them.