Discover the key to making delicious gluten-free biscotti and learn how to make a mouthwatering cranberry pistachio biscotti with this easy recipe.
Attention all gluten-free foodies! Are you tired of missing out on your favorite biscotti treats because of your gluten allergy? Fear not, for I have the perfect recipe for you! With the right ingredients and a little bit of baking know-how, you can whip up some delicious gluten-free biscotti in no time.
First things first, flour! Using the right flour blend is the key to achieving a light and crispy texture for your biscotti. I recommend experimenting with flours like almond, coconut, oat, tapioca, and white and brown rice flour. Alternatively, you can use King Arthur’s Gluten Free All Purpose Flour, which has received rave reviews from the gluten-free community.
Once you’ve chosen your flour blend, it’s time to mix in your liquids. For a crispy texture, consider using a combination of vegetable oil and eggs. If you prefer a softer crumb, butter will give you that desired softness, or substitute eggs for applesauce, which can add moisture to your biscotti while creating a binding effect. The possibilities are endless, so feel free to mix and match until you find the perfect combination for your taste buds.
Now for the fun part – the flavors! One of my personal favorites is the cranberry pistachio combo. The cranberries’ tartness perfectly balances the pistachios’ nuttiness, making for a delectable treat.
Check out my recipe below for some gluten-free cranberry pistachio biscotti.
2 cups King Arthur Gluten Free All-Purpose Flour
1 cup almond flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon of orange zest
1/2 cup toasted pistachios
1/2 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium-sized bowl.
- In a separate large bowl, beat the sugar, eggs, oil, vanilla extract, and orange zest until well combined.
- Gradually add half the dry ingredients, cranberries and pistachios to the wet ingredients and mix until it almost comes together. Mix the rest of the dry ingredients until a dough is formed. Do not over-mix.
- Divide the dough in half and shape each half into a log that is about 10 inches long and 2 inches wide. Place the logs on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown and firm to the touch.
- Remove the biscotti logs from the oven and let them cool for a few minutes. Using a sharp knife, carefully slice the logs into 1/2-inch thick slices.
- Place the pieces back on the baking sheet and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes or until they are lightly golden and crispy.
- Allow the biscotti to cool completely on a wire rack before serving. Store them in an airtight container at room temperature for up to three weeks.
And there you have it – a delicious and crispy gluten-free biscotti recipe that you’ll want to make again and again. And remember to experiment with different flavors and flour combinations to make this recipe your own. Happy baking!