We all love biscotti because it’s crispy, crunchy, and full of flavor. But we hate how hard it can be to bake sometimes. It can seem as if every time you bake some, the result is either too dry or too crumbly. And then there’s that whole business about trying to get biscotti just right so they’re not burnt on the outside and hard in the middle! It can be frustrating!
Do’s And Don’ts to Baking Perfect Crispy, Crunchy Biscotti
- Do weigh your Ingredients. Measuring your ingredients is the only way to make sure you’re getting a consistent crunch in your biscotti!
- Do sift the dry ingredients in a separate bowl. Sifting your ingredients together help avoid the hard middle in your biscotti!
- Don’t overbeat the eggs. You want just enough air pockets to add some crispiness and texture, but not so many that you get a lot of crumble in your biscotti instead.
- Don’t overmix the batter. You just want to see all of your ingredients come together and that’s it!
- Do wet your hands. Wet your hands so that they don’t stick to the cookie dough when shaping it into logs.
Make Your Own Crunchy Biscotti at Home With This Recipe!
In summary, to produce a consistent crunch in your biscotti, it is necessary to measure and sift the ingredients. It may take some trial and error before you find out what ratio of flour-to-fat that works best for you, but remember that sifting and measuring your ingredients helps create perfect crispiness!
You also want just enough air pockets for texture without too much crumble. So go ahead and make sure everything comes together perfectly with these tips from our expert team at The Biscotti Company.
So now that you know how to make your biscotti, why not try one of ours for inspiration? With 20% off our first order, there’s no better time than the present to place an order. We’ll ship anywhere in the United States.