Biscotti is a type of cookie that originated in Italy and can be eaten alone or served as an accompaniment to coffee or tea or dipped in wine.
The word “biscotti” means “twice-baked,” referring to the process of making this cookie twice – once as dough and again after it has been shaped into logs, baked, cooled, and baked again.
I have a crispy, crunchy biscotti recipe for you today.
This biscotti recipe includes chocolate chunks, whole roasted almonds, vanilla, and amaretto liquor.
List of Ingredients You Will Need:
3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups sugar
3/4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature soft (optional)
3 large eggs
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoon Amaretto Liquor
1 cup whole almonds, toasted
1 cup chocolate chunks
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Combine butter and sugar in a large bowl, then beat on low for 3 minutes.
- Add one egg at a time until thoroughly combined.
- Add in vanilla extract and amaretto liquor. Mix well.
- In another bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and stir until just combined. DO NOT OVER MIX.
- Add almonds and chocolate chunks and mix.
- Divide dough in half and shape each half into a log about 2 inches high and 8 inches wide on a parchment-lined baking sheet (use flour to keep your hands from sticking).
- Once you have shaped the biscotti logs, place them in the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes until firm to the touch.
- Remove biscotti logs from the oven and reduce heat to 325 degrees.
- Let biscotti logs sit for 5 minutes, then slice diagonally into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Place biscotti slices cut side up on a parchment paper-lined cookie sheet and bake for another 12-15 minutes at 325 degrees or until biscotti are slightly golden brown along the edges.
Let biscotti cool to room temperature before serving. Enjoy!
If you are looking for a biscotti recipe that is both traditional and innovative, this one might be a perfect choice. The taste of Amaretto paired with chocolate chunks makes it an indulgent treat to enjoy any time of day. Plus, the addition of almonds gives us yet another reason to love this snack! This delicious creation can quickly satisfy your sweet tooth and would make a great gift idea as well. Be sure to buy our biscotti today if you want some rich flavor in every bite!